Existing Member?

Valya

19/08

UKRAINE | Saturday, 10 May 2014 | Views [89] | Scholarship Entry

I`ll never forget the day, when I was in Chicago. I was there one week, but I want to tell about one special for me day. It was August, 19 and it was before last my day there.
I needed to buy ticket by train for departing to New-York, because my ticket by airplane to Ukraine was from New-York. I had not any phone, maps, GPS-navigation. When I was at home (I lived with my friend, which lives in Chicago), I wrote from google-maps all information, which I needed for my little trip.
After, I went to centre, Everything was beautiful, I knew the main information, I asked somebody, If I coudln`t find some street or place. It was amazing: I can talk English without some help, without my friends with unknowns people and that persons understood me (when I arrived to USA, I had very bad Ehglish and i was really afraid to talk with people. In America I improved my level of English.)
At the centre, I went another way and i saw a river with many bridges and around was very high and beautiful buildings. It was in evening sunlight. It was best day in my life! It was awesome!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About valentynka


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.