Existing Member?

The Divine Interruptions of the Life of Matthew Four Years ago I saw my world crumble to nothing as my the seatbelt of my reality broke & I was sent thru the window of limitations to a Spiritual Awakening of my Soul & Experienced a Love as Strong as Death

Cairo, Egypt

EGYPT | Monday, 11 December 2006 | Views [828]

Cairo Egypt. What a City!

Originally I arrived in Egypt with a bible school to help out the churches with teaching, readings, childrens programs, building relationships, worship, bible studies, and classes. We were under 7 people. Egypt in my opinion can be a difficult place to live from the heat and the poverty. It is also an incredible place from the history but mostly from the people that live there. They are fun loving people in a shame / honor based society. True friends.

There are alot of things ya gotta get used to from the bargaining on the streets, to the morning prayers calls, no rain, modest apparel, crazy drivers, hrmm the list could go on!

The Second group I was with was a community development with around 10-15 people. We would do a range of things from teaching english, pushin comm. projects to progress, help out at gardens, make peace calls, you name it.

Some of my favorite times are riding on back of trucks as normal transportations and the pricing of most things are cheap compared to usa prices. I loved the family atmosphere and even on the last days we got to go up to alexandria and take a break from the hustle and bustle and pollution of Cairo.

Days were quite long, cultural, denominational, and language barriers proved difficult, people did get sick, alot of walking and public transportation, but overall i feel we left a mark on hearts and the spiritual atmosphere. May God use others to continue on and keep sowing! 

I will try to update more later on, and thank you to my egyptian friends who read this! Take a look at the pictures and they may say more than this.

Tags: Mission Update

 

About vagrant


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.