Existing Member?

Between the rain, suffering and life.

Between the rain, suffering and life.

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [172] | Scholarship Entry

Walker, I will speak of Scotland and suffering: I will speak of your glory and your way.
Hitchhikers say they find a huge loneliness traveling alone, but are they able to live with that loneliness when they have no road? I want you to live in your solitude before walking. Have you already lived in the caves of the abyss?

What are your memories of the way, traveler? I traveled through the Highlands of Scotland. My only companion was innocence, a first trip in which everything was new! I walked many paths, I met many people, I spoke to many people, but really I remember all this? A diffuse cloud tells me that I had many experiencies. However, what it was really what made me feel alive?

I walked several days in uninhabited mountains further north of a town called Ullapool, only the rain was my shadow! Tears of a sad sky that always haunted me. Wild Lands which know you well as you know them to them! Storms are there strong and merciless: an infinite despair ran my bones on dark nights. I was afraid: paw fierce nature is beautiful and tough. But that fear is the most beautiful of all the memories! Because I felt insecure, because I was living, because I felt alive.
I slept in the garden of a house in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park -first two men who lived there thought I was a thief but then they didn't lost the opportunity to be photographed with the globetrotter of their garden. I slept in Stirling, in a park where William Wallace won the freedom of Scotland, wild and untamed land. However, I could not help thinking that there was a war before, today is a forgotten park. I do not know if this is sad.
Many are the details, very few truths.

Walker, you walk many paths in your trip, but I want the sense of your trip to walk constantly in your abyss: that your trip is not a distraction from getting bored, but your ultimate truth: and this means fear, suffering and joy out of control.
Walker, I want you to go up the mountain yourself, I want you to build your glory in silence, to walk with your loneliness, your freedom and your death's shadow. You have known many places but do you know already the shortest and the most difficult journey? Have you met the blood of suffering in each of your steps? Show me that you yourself are your own trip: just so you can go truly glaciers, forests, mountains, deserts, towns and cities. Just so you'll know the man.
Walker: are you traveling to stay alive or to keep dying?

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About vagabonding_scotland


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.