Existing Member?

Finding the Magic

Our First day in San Jose

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 17 January 2012 | Views [247]

Well We arrived at 11 pm on Saturday night and we're greeted at the airport by the exuperent and exciting Eddie Sallys teenage friend from when she did an exchange her in school. She spoke of Eddie as this exciting costa rican DJ full of life, adventure and heart and he is truely that and more. He sped us to out hotel and after a speedy checkin we were in a punk bar in Costa Rica drinking and dancing to the Sex Pistols not what I had expected but awesome all the same...He dropped us home at 4am and we promised to call at 8 am to organise ur day. I crawled out of bed at 8am wishing I had ofasked for soft not hard drinks when given the option the night before and headed to the hostel phone. I left
Ness sleeping and was a littl jealous of that turned up corner of her mouth and the sleepy bliss she looked like she was in but Costa Rica was waiting And we were coming. i called Eddie and he was way to cherpy for 8 am but i am often this person so i could relate to that and i scowled inmy head like people usually did to me when i bounded outta bed at 6 am bright as a bubble. It was nbice to be on the other side for a moment anyway he decied to pick us up in 45mins....I agreedd with enthusiam which was fake i was really wanting to crawl up in a ball and die ... The age old mantra " am never drinking again was playing at varying frequencies thru out my head." We had cold showers who would have thought you needed to be a plummer to get hot water out of this facet, I wasnt a plummer not even close and suprisingly the cold shower sent my central nervous system in bliss and eradicated my hangover....BOOM! We are back in business a bottle of water and a few nurofen and Eddie got the bright and shinning Aussies for our roadtrip to the country. We jumped on the hyway and headed outta town for about an hr arriving at eds friends dads handbuilt farm house perched on a hill overlooking three wountains and a sea of green vallys...the fire was cranking and this my friends was a costa Rican BBQ in a mountian top farm house in Costa Rica..There were 8 of us Eddie and Ness and I Papa One of the boys dads and 3 couples. The company was awesome and we jumped between our broken spanish and thie excellent english chatting and laughing the afternoon away looking out over paradise. They bbq diffeent to us they throw it all on a woodfired bbq then as it is ready everyone grabs a tortilla or roll and eat staright of the bbq making thier own sandwiches and laoding it with local chorizo onion chilli sauceand salad. DELISHHHH We cooked up some tatas and mushrooms for myself and seriously it was the most delishous bbq of my life....Maybe the view, Maybe the company, Maybe the feeling of freedom you get when your travelling..maybe all these things mixed together. We then went on walk thru the forest to the top of a mountain looking out over the whole of the world i think with the pacific ocean in the ditence on the horizon...Wat a day...

Before saying goodbye we all watched the sunset together and laughed alot...Wat a great day!!!

And Today we are off to explore San Jose.......

About utopicsummer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.