Existing Member?

Be inspired by own experience

Astonished by own story

HUNGARY | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [251] | Scholarship Entry

Starting to write the article, I asked myself one more time, how did I end up here? And after 4 years I am still not able to give a comprehensive answer for my question.
The place I am going to tell you about is situated in centre of Europe and is easy reachable. Magic lies elsewhere. 5 years ago, we were travelling with my family to Croatia crossing Budapest. Exactly that time an unexplainable feeling awoke in me and probably will never forsake. I was finishing a high school by that time and just told myself that I want to continue my story in Budapest and just there. I will obviously skip the part of making it a reality, but right now I am sitting in my room in Budapest, reminding myself all the moments I received due to this city. I was always telling that location is just a decoration. But in this case it was something that cured me, continuously inspires and helps not to convert my life into a habit. I made a risky decision for being 17. I left my comfort zone and changed it for obscurity. That’s why Budapest, besides being a source of joy, was also my protecting family. I don’t want to make a guiding tour here, anyway, knowing names of monuments and places of interest (of course they are phenomenal here, every cornet and every street) cannot tell more than personal story. Whenever I am in a bad mood or just want to remind myself how lucky I am, I am sitting in the tram number 2, which takes me along the river and just immersed in beauty I am absorbing the energy of this mighty city. Strange thing is that Budapest has such a power over me that even difficult times and negative experience didn’t influence my love.
In 2 months I am leaving my Budapest and I am passing through every sentence which I wrote here, again. This article is a symbolic conclusion of my life in Budapest. Tomorrow I will just take a bicycle and will allow Budapest to surprise me even more. I realized that beauty which is hidden in people, cities and whole surrounding world can make such miracles. Our task is just to be ready to accept it and of course to share a fruit of it between each other.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About useyourchance


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.