Existing Member?

Dreams that named America

The precious trip to SanFran and Cali's capital

USA | Saturday, 2 May 2015 | Views [100] | Scholarship Entry

I am a freshman student in Can Tho university - an ancient university - in Vietnam. Growing up in a happy family, with my parents and sibling, I was fortunate to have a lot of dreams which other kids did not. I used to dream of stage which had audiences seated below. They clapped their hands when I finished my performance, they also gave me lot of flowers and smiles... Yes! I used to love singing. When I was grade 12, I realized that travel was my biggest dream. Before graduated high school, I had a problem with my kidney, that meant, I had to go to the hospital almost every week in order to drawn my blood and checked my antibody. After having such bad days, I was fortunate to pass the entrance exam to the university. Finally, I nailed it. As you know, passing the university in Vietnam is everyone's dream because It requires us to study day and night. My field now is Biotechnology whose connect to Michigan University. I and my parents went to Montréal last fall, and also went to San Francisco and Sacramento after that. They were the treasure and amazing trip that I have had before. I loved the modern scene in San Fran as well as the ancient scene in Sacramento, all of them made me feel like I was the most lucky person in the world. I loved to travel since then. USA is the place that youth like me really want to discover and work in an environment of freedom and independence.

I watched a lot of American films and documentaries in many famous channels such as AXN, Star Movie, National Geographic,... I especially like watching Wicked Tuna and The amazing race US. I realized that I want to gain my knowledge about the cultures as well as American people. My last trip was 1 week to discover food, places, 2nd little Saigon in California and so so many beautiful sceneries. I wish I had a chance to come back to USA someday, and I will never regret.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About usadream


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.