Existing Member?

Travel & Sustainability

The World is His Garden

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [678] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I drifted from my home in India all the way down to Australia with a student visa, an aching heart and unceasing curiosity. In my time here I've found a home away from home. And home has now become a feeling that I carry inside me. I completed my Masters in Media & Communication and am ever so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience a new culture, weather, a different way of thinking; and grateful for all the inspiring people I have crossed paths with like Milos, each a warrior of the heart working endlessly to "be a lamp, a beacon, a ladder for someone else," as the Sufi poet Rumi said.

I wield my pen and camera to share the beauty, strength and magic that exists in our midst. However my education is only beginning and I'm still learning to tell stories, to find the right moment to capture the despair as well as the delight, still learning to be in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed, this is one such moment! It would be an absolute privilege and honour to be mentored by Brian Rapsey. Sometimes all it takes is a kind teacher, an opportunity and a challenge to get the ball rolling.

My heart beats for South America!

Thank you for your time and patience.
Hope there's at least a moment in the video that inspires.

-- Urmila RK

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Nice! Way to make the best out of your situation. Could have been just a boring skype interview, but you did a great job brining in other elements to keep it visually engaging.

  jschiappa Sep 9, 2015 5:08 AM

About urmila_rk


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.