Existing Member?

Barefoot Golf and The Art of Redneck Rigging

Keeling Time

USA | Friday, 28 August 2015 | Views [230]

Keeling Time was the name of my first boat. A venture 20 that fell me in love with the art of sailing. I drove up to Kentucky from my home in northwest Tennessee    fours hours to pick her up from a friendly man named Sam. The first few months I had her a common saying on board was "damn Sam", but I soon learned that Sam knew what he was doing. The over forty year vessel took me on some great adventures around Kentucky lake. To the sand beaches at piny point to the mud banks of the big sandy River. Keeling Time proved to be a great boat. She protected me in storms, gave me comfort from the mosquitoes  at night, and put me in morning fog covered coves that convinced me I had died and gone to heaven. She was my friend, she was my muse. Today I sold her to a young Candida Jagger who is also looking to ️sail for the first time. A probable revolution of history for an old boat who has surely seen her fair share of dreamers looking for something different. As she pulled away towards her new berth at Percy priest lake of Nashville I felt I had lost something. But new memories require sacrifice and as one love leaves another is found. A 1981 Hunter 25 that needs new sails and new adventure. 

Tags: general, sailboats, sailing

About undeaded


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.