Existing Member?

Wander Lust

An inauspicious beginning...

USA | Tuesday, 10 December 2013 | Views [139]

It was a day like any other, I was not prepared for the events that would take place...

 

That is the usual bullshit dramatic start to some lame story, so its seems fitting to borrow it!  My story actually starts at Sea-Tac and my wondering why the early morning flight to Lima has such a long, and slow moving, line. Not content to wait I go outside in the near freezing temps to see if the two old geezers on the curb can actually check me in.  Surprise, surprise, they can and do.  And for the ten'er I gave I feel like I got one over of the suckers that decided to wait inside.  Upon landing at DFW (Dallas), I realized that that I'm the sucker - worst storm in 15 years hits north Texas - all flights cancelled!  

Fortunately we were not one of the 4,000 that had to spend the night at the airport!  In fact, we spent the night in the nearby Westin, ate nice food, drank way too much, and somehow managed to get on the plane the next day and arrive in Lima, change our connecting flight (without charge), and get back on track!

The good:  Got out, got in!

The bad:  cost a few hundred bucks more than budgeted. 

The ugly: missed our time in Lima

Stay tuned, it's bound to get interesting...

 

About unclejimbo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.