Existing Member?

The wanderlust

I’m gonna break my rusty cage and run.

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [170] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the time when the plane to Singapore boarded to Cambodia.Out of all the people I'm the one who is more excited smiling from ear to ear a heart swelling moment indeed.That was the first time I broke my rusty cage and run, I'm a Filipina working in Singapore and I felt like this is not the life that I wanted so I travelled away and spend all the savings I got. have you seen a movie eat, pray and love when Julia Roberts is breaking her cage and running through life finding purpose and meaning in her existence. I allow myself to be vulnerable with the world. Vulnerability is necessary. It’s fear, scars, insecurity, brokenness. It’s allowing someone to share life , to see the side that no one sees. We’re all so complex. We have the side everyone knows, the side that people are let into when they ask, but the deep rooted issues are a side that no one sees. However, in tears and pain, it’s good to show. It’s okay to not be put together. So I drifted away to phenom phen first and I have met some travelers in my first night, they have been travelling for 3 years, they are from france and we talk in a manner of understanding English in a very settle way. We talk about there adventures in china and Thailand and Vietnam. I wonder how these guys survive financially, and they answer "oh ella we just camp" we don't rent a room we camp. Ohh Ohh that is pretty wicked I replied. After that night, I woke up early and headed to the bus station to siem reap, its a 5 hours drive from Phenom phen to Siem reap. I had a delightful seat mate in the bus, his a Vietnamese living in L.A we talk about life and all the travel adventures they had as a group, they have travelled Asia for a month and they are also very excited to see siem reap.. so on the bus I can see people having their business in their shoulder.. some selling water some food delicacies and so on. When I arrived in Siem reap, I cannot explain the freedom and the joy breaking on the rusty cage In the afternoon I was led by a mini school named jimmy school which is placed in jimmys home.. . I'm pleasantly surprised by the spontaneity of getting lost and finding joy in this country, Cultures and differences are so profoundly tickles me that's the moment when I broke my rusty cage... I kept running and lusting for more adventures because if you start running you cant just stop.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About umbrella


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.