Existing Member?

Road tripping across the universe Always going forward because we cannot find reverse

a little Grace came today

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 22 September 2010 | Views [421] | Comments [2]

Every thing has a beginning, every journey starts somewhere and tonight my newest little cousin is just starting hers. Born healthy and apparently rather long after a painless and short delivery, she is probably snoozing next to Candy my exhausted auntie.  I realize this is a funny way to start a travel blog but she has arrived during the spring solstice on a full moon smack bang on the moon festival(probably not a coincidence), all apparently good luck omens according to my numeracy mad Chinese friend, and it makes me think of what will lay before her on her own road.  

What will lay before us also?  Katrina and I are almost packed and ready to start our own journey down an unplanned path.  At this stage less then a month out we have only booked 4 nights on Phi Phi and the rest remains blissfully unpredictable.  We have both even practiced our first piece of first aid by injecting each other with the Hep-A and Typhoid jabs (my arm literally feels like it will fall off) and the house is in a semi-state of moved out.

I look forward to all this, the anticipation of getting out on the trek, the "trying to explain where we want to go" and the "what meat do you think this is?" but the funny thing is i cant help thinking this is exactly what is running through Grace's little mind right now, well apart from the meat bit. Probably more Teat at this stage:)

Grace, my dear, I wish you all the very best on your journey, I know I will be there to offer what advice I can and what stories I will learn from this journey and it fills our little family with joy to know your coming brings happiness to Uncle Michael and Auntie Candy.

I will buy you lots of magnets^_^

Tags: babies, journey, just starting out, new beginnings

 

Comments

1

Very nicely put Tuarn. Grace is so lucky to have a cousin like you.

  Peter Sep 27, 2010 6:23 PM

2

Tuarn,
You are in Thailand somewhere rightnow anjoying the sun :)
Glen is in BNE with us at the moment and we were talking about you.
Just wanted to let you know you and Kat are missed and loved by us.

  miss mahia Oct 22, 2010 3:19 PM

About turbotigers

namesake for trip, what a happy chappy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.