Existing Member?

My first memorable Mother's Day across the country! : D

I went across the country alone ,but not lonely

USA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [206] | Scholarship Entry

Good day! I'm Nan, nearly 20 years old girl from Bangkok city in Thailand. Last year, I have participated in Work and Travel program for 3 months and that's also the first time that I went across the country alone. I was too excited to see the new things,in another side of the world that I've never seen before, so, I have no fear.
I went working at Sheridan, Wyoming in USA. When I arrived it was winter time and I was so excited, because there’s no snow in my country. Then in March my co-worker told me that it was Daylight saving time and we have to change our clock’s time, because it was going to be spring very soon. I was excited again, because in my home country, we also don’t have to change the clocks! Spring came late in that year, and my friend who is from Sheridan, told me that it’s typically supposed to be warmer, but was still snowing. (may be ,someone who stayed upon the sky knew that I love the snow, so he made it longer for me haha )
Time flies so fast, March and April passed and the second Sunday of May was coming. It was around nine o'clock in the morning and also my day off, someone has rang the bell on the door and its noisy sound made me woke up and went down to see who's there. It was my first and also my super duper friend, Zack! He told me that he picked his mom up to go celebrate Mother's day and his mom told him to pick me up and go celebrate together. After I had ten minutes for having a quick shower and arranged my things ,we went visit Zack mother's brother in law (Zack's uncle, whom I call him uncle Fred) and then we went up to the mountain in Buffalo, Wyoming all together. I've lived all my life in the busy city, Bangkok, and it's hard to stayed close to the nature like this. Thus, I was really enjoy these nature things at Buffalo, which also was beautiful and peaceful places to live in. After that, we had brunch at The Busy Bee Cafe which opened since 1927 and Zack's mom told me that when Zack was young, they usually ate there and lived here in Buffalo, so after we finished our dishes we went visit some places that they've been here when Zack was a child. They were great storytellers, I totally enjoyed listening and by went seeing the real places I felt like I was in that oldie but goodie time too.
Even though I went across the country alone ,but I never feel lonely because of these some good friends who made such a memorable Mother's day for me. Hope you enjoy reading and have a great day like me!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About tuntita_nititsopon


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.