Existing Member?

A story of mental crisis

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 6 June 2011 | Views [308] | Scholarship Entry

Urban culture dominates the folk and ethnic culture with naked sword. These socio-economic cultural aggressions inspire me to say for root communities. Diffuseness of culture is a positive nature but it doesn’t mean the imposition of dominants. As a student of Sociology (Finished M.S.S Exam from Chittagong University, Bangladesh) I engaged in folk and ethnic culture studies for the purpose to do visual statement on these. As part of that I travel to the rural and ethnic communities making kinship with their culture, customs and their own knowledge. Going to “Garo Polli” (an aborigines of Bangladesh) to celebrate ‘Pahela Boishak’ (Bengali New Year) was a part of that zeal. The worship of the ending year named ‘Chorok Puja’ and the Mela (fair) were really enjoying. But standing between two opposite point of thinking, enjoyment disturbed with pierce of quest again and again. The cultural and theater involvement gave me affection in creative visual making. I decided to serve my labors in this arena. That’s why I need to be involved with visual media expert to learn the artifice of visual documenting, if I can! It must help me to study the culture through visual framing. No doubt!

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About tumbledcockroach


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.