Existing Member?

ALPHADVENTURE

Casamance as I love

SENEGAL | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 | Views [85] | Scholarship Entry

The first time I went to Casamance, I was impressed. My mind was haunted by this region. I dreamed since childhood to visit this area.
This region, despite everything that has been said about it concerning the rebellion, I have no felt it was abandoned.
I could not measure the degree of satisfaction I felt. So it was grandiose. The people still rooted to its culture. Their generosity exceeded my expectations. The first day I sprained my foot on this ground, just by breathing the air, I knew that I am a paradise on earth.
A region that is very rich in culture. Their food is original and is the best in the country. It is healthy and nutritious.
Called green base, the region of Casamance has more than 30 islands. And the one that caught my attention much remains Island Karabane classified World Heritage by UNESCO. An island, small in size but large in its history. Breton-style church, built in 1885. I had a great stay there.
And given that the island is threatened by the waters, I participated in a mangrove reforestation with German students, Italian and Senegalese. When the boat which commutes Dakar-Ziguinchor, password, I cannot help contemplate especially when you see the dolphins nearby. Sunsets are breathtaking.
Then, with Aladdin's lamp, if I were asked what are the three wishes I want to do is the following:
Going to Casamance
Visiting Casamance
Contemplating Casamance.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About tukki


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Senegal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.