Existing Member?

Tommy & Rhonda's Travels

Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 November 2007 | Views [190]

Well, Sunday morning….our last full day in Sydney and another big day.  We started off over at Paddy’s market for a few souvenirs, grabbed a quick bite of hotcakes at McD’s and set off for the rest of the day.  We took a bus down to Circular Quay, and hopped on the ferry to Manly.  Now, this is one of the biggest things everyone says you must do in Sydney and it didn’t disappoint!  The ride was beautiful and we arrived and hit the info desk to get all the scoop.  We found out where to go and headed toward Shelly beach.  To get there, we hit Manly beach first.  It was awesome!  Beautiful, pretty big and so busy.  There were kids of all ages in their swimming uniforms doing all kinds of competition up and down the beach.   It was packed with families and just people everywhere.  We hung out there and just watched and then headed over to Shelly beach kind of around the corner.  It was also very pretty and so many people everywhere.  Open water swimmers, people playing on the beach, laying out, scuba classes going on, etc.  We just relaxed, took some pics, got hungry and ate a sausage and just took it all in.  After a while, it was time to start heading back to catch the ferry back to Sydney (30 min ride).  On our way back to the port, we stopped at an internet café to try and book a bridge climb for the next morning but couldn’t do it online.  I wrote down the number so I could call later to see if we could get in.  On the ride back, I stood at the front of the ferry and just enjoyed the views of everything and all of the sailboats all over the harbor.  When we arrived back at Circular Quay, we caught the ferry back to Darling Harbor and went back to the hotel to change and go meet Patty and Kelvin, my 2 Aussie mates from 11 years ago.  We headed to the Opera bar (we were about 15 mins late) and there they were!  Pat was with his wife Nicole and 6 mo old son, Mitchell.  It was really great to see both of them.  What a treat!  We talked about old times, new times and everything in between.  We all stayed at the Opera bar for a little while then headed over to the rocks for dinner.  We hit a pub there and ate there as well.  About dinner time, Nicole headed to the airport to pick up here sister coming in from London so it was just the boys and Rhonda.  We had a blast hanging out and next thing you knew it was time for everyone to go.  Nicole came back and picked up Pat and Rhonda, Kel and I caught the bus home.  We got off at Town hall, said goodbye to Kelvin and walked back to the hotel.  I forgot to mention I borrowed Pat’s phone and did book the bridge climb so we were on for 7:55am.  We got back to the hotel and got ready for bed, and I watched a little TV.  I saw the end of a promo for the Cowboys-Giants game and it said live at 5am so I got a 5am wake up call.  It was the Packers and Vikings so I figured it was a doubleheader and the boys were the 2nd game.  So, back to sleep.

 

About ttlax


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.