Existing Member?

Tommy & Rhonda's Travels

On to Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 November 2007 | Views [216]

We woke up for our last morning in Cairns and headed out for breakfast at a tasty café.  We then walked around, shopped a little and bought Todd a Christmas present.  It was time to go back and pack up so we did that and it was off to the airport for our flight to Sydney!  We were both really excited to be going there and to see and experience a city we have always admired and to get to see some of the most famous landmarks in the world.  Our flight on Qantas was great, on a 767 and again incredible service and again ice cream!  Now, the hot meals they did serve…not Rhonda’s favorite.  Both time we had a chicken curry dish (blah as far as she was concerned but I got it both times) and on this flight she had the lamb.  Poor little ol Mary’s lamb.  How could she do that?  Our flight landed in Sydney about 4pm and we got our bags, some train tickets and we were off.  We rode the train to the town hall stop, got to walking and about 10 minutes later we were at the Holiday Inn Darling Harbor.  It was a decent hotel, about like most Holiday Inns and perfect for us.  A great location and the price was right.  We unpacked, thought about doing some laundry and then after relaxing a little went out to explore and get something to eat.  We walked around Darling Harbor and had a very tasty meal at the Meat and Wine Co.  We both had filet, Rhonda’s was overcooked so they had to redo her’s and then it was undercooked but she ate it anyway.  Mine was perfect and delicious.  After dinner we went to a bar just there on the harbor and had a beer.  Only one though since Rhonda was tired from all of the travel and of course we had a big day coming up exploring Sydney.  Night, night.

Tags: Adventures

 

About ttlax


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.