Existing Member?

footsteps

Catching a Moment - Corridor of The Culture

EGYPT | Saturday, 6 April 2013 | Views [399] | Scholarship Entry

"Brakkk!", the voice of the car door shut. I got out of the car. I looked at the old walls a solid stretch stand upright grand. I approached the wall, then I got magnificent gate iron door. A door that very strong to withstand the invasion of the enemy, the iron-steel stuck.
A driven carts owners browsed similar gate hallway. Passing traffic congested overcrowded. It's really amazing, I like to know a civilization like the old town. Allmost all women dressed a traditional clothes, all-round black. The men wear clothes that stretched from neck to toe. Traditional food vendors tempted my taste buds with pungent aroma. I was curious to taste it.
I continued to scour the hallways. Some time my eyes catch a unique mosque. “Al-Aqmar Mosque”. White writing board is etched in blue. At that time the atmosphere of the center towards dusk. And that's lit evening makes it look like the color of the moon. Later I found out why the founder of Masjid Al-Aqmar named, because the atmosphere in the mosque is similar to the dim moonlight.
My feet kept moving. Again, my eyes continue to reap admiration atmosphere. This time the looming tower that made me nod-nodded. Stately, sturdy and hand polished to amaze me more and more reliable architectures. In addition to building my marble dai dapati large door. Bring carving grooves eyes that looked into the hallway thousands of centuries ago. It's amazing! The beauty of the relics of the kingdom of Persia I can enjoy today, even supposedly in the history of this marble was brought from the far end of the world there.
My legs kept going, until the end of the traditional markets make me want to stop the move. Aroma of spice sting my nose. At the end of the road caught my eye the legendary coffeehouse. My eyes pulled steps to a small restaurant. I saw interesting menu. Without hesitation I asked the waitress brought my order. Waw! Roast pigeon. Apparently the pleasure beyond what I expected. I found at the typical rice inside Cairo. Then I realized, I have walked down the aisle of the old town that made me feel present in the corridor of culture. And there, is the true of Cairo.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About tsabit

at Qarun Palace, the pent palace.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.