Existing Member?

True trip

It happened in Paris...

FRANCE | Wednesday, 6 May 2015 | Views [123] | Scholarship Entry

Travelling alone might seem the most weird thing for anybody. Especially for girls. Yes, I am a girl and I love travelling alone. You too? That's cool! Look what i like doing and what makes me feel special, alive and happy.
I would like to be one of the writers for those beautiful magazines describing exciting places, using lots of those synonims to impress my readers. Some day. But for now I have several funny, romantic and dangerous true stories which happened to me in real.
This episode - "the most weird hostel i have ever been to" - will be the first.
I bet you have seen in american films - a main character walking alone in an unknown city at night and that scary music is playing? Then imagine - Paris, 23.50, Gare De Nord train station. The guards have noticed the girl waiting for someone for several hours and meeting every train coming from Italy. The girl (as you could guess it was me) is waiting for her friend. She doesn't know for sure which train she must wait for. They didn't have chance to agree about the details. The travel partner was a girl. (Maybe that was the reason why I prefer travelling alone now). It was the 14 th day of so-called eurotrip of two russian girls going to Europe very first time in their lifes. No mobile phones.
The station is closing. The guards are suggesting to leave the station as there are no other trains to come. Dissapointment and fear for the friend is overwhelming. What could happen? Where she is? How can i find out?
The first thing to do - find a place to stay and find the internet. The closest one is "Blue Planet" hostel. My very short experience of visiting hostels (two in Barcelona) let me hope it would be something cute, nice, full of friendly people place with fresh linen and coffe and a bun in the morning.
5 minute walk in the dark and "Blue Planet", my dream, is in front of me...
To say that i was surprised to see a little dangerous place is to say nothing. My expectations broke. Not this I had expected from Paris. In a different way I had dreamt about my first day in magic romantic Paris. The reality i was at that moment were: blinking letters on the sign of the hostel, shouting vulgar phrases strangers near the entrance. But i have no choice - I am buying the place and trying not to start crying going up the stairs carrying my heavy suitcase.
That night reminds me that episode from "Big" with Tom Hanks whre he comes to New York and stay at the same kind place as mine.
To be continued...

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About truestorygirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.