Existing Member?

Pull Yourself to Discover

Main Square of the World, Krakow

POLAND | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [114] | Scholarship Entry

As most city travellers, the Main Square was the first place, where I would like to see in Krakow.

Everything was adjusted before arriving this beautiful city, even I couldn’t resist myself to book a hostel, which has a view of square. Similar to another European cities, train station was close to the center, and I prefered to walk to where I stayed.

I arrived to the square, just stand and watched a huge church on my left, The Church of St. Mary and on my right, Cloth Hall. I really could not wait to get involve to the crowd and ran to my hostel at the end of square.

After check- in, I found out a free tour, which I could get quite enough knowledge about the city from. My room was upstairs and had the Main Square view. I didn’t expect more at the moment. As soon as I got the tour schedule, catched the group of people who were waiting for starting tour in front of the church.

After getting introduced with other travellers, our walking tour started with a guidance of professional. Everything was going perfect until the weather conditions changed. Sunny weather left its place to dark clouds, and then big rain drops. Some of the travellers spread to cafes and roofed entrances of some buildings. The guide and a few travellers with raincoats and umbrellas kept going after passing a bridge and head to Wawel Castle. I had to leave them, because I didn’t want to get sick and could plan a tour in another day.

Back in the Main Square, I immediately had a hot shower in my hostel and took a nap for half an hour. Life includes full of coincidences, which happened to me this time. Door opened and a Canadian couple was there. I was shocked, because we were in the same tour together and they were my roommates for two more days.

We head to dinner together in a Polish restraurant. Furthermore, I was their guide, the reason of I spent more time in this county. I informed them during our friendly dinner about Poland, the places where to see, currency and some others. By the way, Szarlotka was a traditional apple cake, which needs to be tasted.

Main Square brought me really interesting occasions and it didn’t finish yet. Bingo! Our next flight destination was same place, Bologna in Italy. Even in the same day, and the same flight.

Aren't the squares kind of bridges, which combines us with the other people? Don't we have an appointment with our friends in a famous square of our cities?

So, Where do you want to be right now?

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About trolley


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.