Existing Member?

exploraDora: World Adventurer

ExploraDora

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [158] | Scholarship Entry

My mother was born in Colombia and is the inspiration for my video. I was born and have grown up in Australia and have always wanted to return to Colombia to experience her culture and relive her stories as a child. Winning this video would literally send me to the land of my cultural heritage, for which I have been longing to visit for as long as I can remember.
Most importantly, however, is that I am motivated by telling stories! In particular, my dream is to be able to highlight important environmental issues through film to stimulate positive changes in the world. I have realised that the best way to do this is to create a connection between the issue and the viewer, so I am dedicated to create strong, powerful stories.
I have the determination, the vision and the work ethic to achieve my dreams. Now I need experience and mentoring in the on-the-ground process of making films; how to become part of the scenery, what to look for in the scene and how to capture your vision in the camera. This is why I am so excited by this opportunity, as Brian Rapsey is well known for his natural, circumstantial cinematography and faithfulness to the story. His guidance and advice will be priceless in furthering my development as a filmmaker and giving me a chance to chase my dreams in the future.
I am excited!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About trizzzzler


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.