Existing Member?

I'll tell you when i find it

Capetown and onward

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [516] | Comments [2]

spent an awesome few days in CPT with a friend Gerrit. .. he took wicked care of me. Thanks Gerrit!!!. wouldnt have been the same without his help. i had my own apartment to stay in right in the city and although was only there for 3 days got to see a few bits and pieces (guy dead on the side of the road, local rich kid band <Parlotones> in the pouring rain in the botanical gardens, guy wringing out a piss infused mop with his hands,... the usual) .. tell you what though, i could easily spend a couple of weeks in capetown and surround in the future.. the beaches are awesome, waves and wind is immense.. and the food and drink is about half the price if not less than australia.. such a good holiday destination. walked up table mountain couple of days ago and am still sore as from that so was a masssive struggle gettign from the airport to my hostel here in buenos aires after a 10 hour flight yesertday. every step up and down hill is still torture... <BUT, hostel is great. havent really had a chance to look around at all but this city has a beautiful welcomng vibe to it.. i can definitely see me staying for a while..

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hey mate, lovin your positivity about Cape Town, hoping to get there myself next year through my course...however this whole 'dead guy on the street' and guy 'wringing out piss' troubles me slightly...humm!
Well sounds awesome so far, get some photos up if you get the chance!

  Ellen O'Hare Feb 14, 2008 11:21 PM

2

Dead people but no snakes in Cape Town huh? Hmmm, very interesting indeed.

  Tos Feb 15, 2008 4:41 PM

About tristanabba


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.