Existing Member?

Adventures aboard Eloise

Beginning of an Odessy

USA | Saturday, 28 July 2012 | Views [486]

Well, after a few flights from Halifax to Tulsa Oklahoma, we arrived and picked up the Magic School Bus, as Julia calls it.

The rental company kindly picked us up from our hotel and it was quite a journey with butterflies in my stomach all the way. I had started to doubt if we had really done the right thing, these RV's are HUGE! Coaches! and I was doubting my ability to handle such a beast. I kept saying to myself, If we crossed an Ocean in a 31ft yacht, we can do anything, which settled me somewhat. We finally arrived and upon seeing the brute, again I started to get a little nervous.

While waiting for the pick-up procedure to begin, we overheard the staff talking among themselves "why would you come to Oklahoma to rent an RV?" haha, they must have thought we were mad, but we had friends to see and this is the centre of the country... all roads lead to adventure.

The first trip started on Route 66, which took us to our first RV park, Waters Edge RV in Langley Oklahoma. This is a great spot, we swam and enjoyed the company of our new family members living here in Langley.

The hardest thing to adjust to whilst driving the beasts, is the lack of verge on the highway in some places. It only takes 10cm and you are over the white line and into the grass, which leads to some very tight "pucker moments" if you know what i mean...

The Aussies had graced Oklahoma with their presence and the good times were about to begin!

Tags: motor home, road trip, rv

 

About trisnjas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.