Existing Member?

Discovering lost cinema in Mumbai

Your Backyard - Discovering lost cinema - Edward Talkies

INDIA | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [1615] | Comments [4] | Scholarship Entry

Living in Mumbai and discovering the rich culture of cinema through the city's eyes is something Piyush and I (Zulfiya) tremendously enjoy.With this interest, we chanced upon a treasure of an old cinema house in south Mumbai "Edward Talkies".Fascinated, we set out to discover its history and its people.The fact that it's still surviving inspired us to want to show this hidden and dying theatre to the world, to show its lost charm, its magnificent structure and its compelling story. Through our entry of Edward Talkies to worldnomads, we hope to take our viewers on a memorable journey through one of Mumbai's forgotten theatres.

I, Zulfiya, have been involved in the audio-visual media since I completed my masters in media and communication 2 years back. I have been interested not just behind the camera, but also in front of it and hope to tap this potential to the maximum by winning this scholarship.

I, Piyush, have been interested in filmmaking and love to be behind the camera, capturing action and experiences the best I can. I also enjoy editing, and by winning this scholarship, I hope to get the golden opportunity to shoot fascinating new places and make memorable travel videos.

Tags: travel film scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Hi there,

Please check your video Privacy settings to make sure that your video can be viewed by anyone and that it can be embedded anywhere.

Thanks,
Alicia

  scholarships Nov 6, 2013 11:09 AM

2

Hello Alicia,

We have rechecked our video's privacy settings and already enabled 'Viewed by anyone' & 'Embedded anywhere'. But there's still a problem in loading video in our Journal.

Meanwhile here's the link to the video -

https://vimeo.com/78605288

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Zulfiya & Piyush

  trippingtramps Nov 6, 2013 5:50 PM

3

trippingtramps - I have updated the link! - Alicia

  scholarships Nov 8, 2013 9:58 AM

4

Thankyou Alicia!

Zulfiya and Piyush

  trippingtramps Nov 8, 2013 4:02 PM

About trippingtramps


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.