Existing Member?

Music is my Radar

Cologne Cathedral

GERMANY | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [159] | Scholarship Entry

My trip to Cologne is very special to me because it was my very first time traveling by my own. I decided to go there because I love Germany because a live show of one of my favourites bands ever, Radiohead, and I though it would be interesting see them in a city like this. I remember the moment I arrived to the city, it was very early in the morning, I was all night wake up in Charles de Gaulle airport, in Paris, and I was very tired. I felt so lost because I dont' know the language and I didn't know if I was in the right place. When I went out of the train station I was very busy trying to looking for my hostal and the first thing I saw was the huge cathedral next to me. I've seen a lot of cathedrals in my life and no one of them shocked me like that before. The cathedral looks so huge and dark and it has a beautifully undescriptible. I went to my hotel (it was very close from the train station) and I came back as fast as I could and I spend a lot of hours enjoying the moment. Inside of the cathedral every walls was in a beautiful grey stone, the stained glass were full of colors and they made a beautiful contract with the colour of the walls. The first impression I get of the inside of the cathedral was that I could be in a terror movie of the 70', elegant, cold and glorious. The different walls had different decorations, like old and beautiful paintings, angels' scultures, statues, ... but not overloaded like other cathedrals I've been into, which are full of things everywhere all over the place and you can't enjoy the visit. After that I went to the high tower to have a different vission of the city, I had to climb the stairs to get there but it's worthy because Cologne is an amazing and beautiful city. The river divide the city in two and it's a pleasure to see since all perspectives. I spend the rest of the day going into museums and other cool stuff of Cologne but I came back to the cathedral during the following three days because I've never seen something as beautiful like that.
This trip is very special to me because I discovered a lot of things about myself that changed me. It's make me overcome fear to travelling alone, it was my first experience and it was great. I met amazing people in there and we are still in contact and makes me much more independant and self sufficient than I was before, and I love it.
This travel changed my life forever.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tripology


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.