Existing Member?

triperia

Moving to Europe

SWEDEN | Saturday, 10 May 2014 | Views [202] | Scholarship Entry

Nor Paris, neither London. The first city in Europe I have met was Stockholm. Peculiar, right?
Last year my boyfriend moved from Brazil to Sweden to study. I was a little tired of my job and looking forward for a great adventure, so I came with him. I left everything behind to live this new experience.
I had never been in Europe before, so I was very excited. And it was perfect. Stockholm is a very charming city. Everything works. And every detail of the city is gorgeous.
The language could be a big problem. It's so different from Portuguese and English. But everyone speaks English in town, so it makes everything easier.
The public transportation is incredible. You can go wherever you want with a high quality transportation. All vehicles are new. The subway stations are very clean (different from New York and Paris, for example). And the whole system is incredibly timely.
The food in general is very healthy and tasty. It's not a city with many tourist attractions, like Paris or Berlin, but it's a wonderful place to live.
Living costs are a little high, but you will have a lot of quality of life.
I have a lot to talk about Stockholm and Sweden, but I will do it in the next posts.
Bye!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About triperia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.