Existing Member?

Bali & Thailand

Trip 2010

INDONESIA | Friday, 17 September 2010 | Views [391]

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

After three months travelling around New Zealand and Australia I came back home at the end of September 2009 with a return ticket to New Zealand for the 3th of December 2009.

Everything was nice at home, I meet all my relatives, friends and I spent a really good two months in Argentina. When the date of departure was coming I began to feel more comfortable and it wasn´t the same emotion for leave again.

I arrived in Auckland the 5th of December, was Saturday. I met a cool group of guys from Argentina on the plane, some of them I knew it from Facebook before and we decided to stay on the same place till Monday. After that I already had my plans, go to Hastings and work for the same people like the last time, very good people by the way. I´ve been travelling around New Zealand before and I had visited both island, so this time was only for save up some money and go to Asia for two months and a half.

We were seven Argentineans, all the weekend together. They didn´t know exactly where to go after that. They had many options, travel around and when they didn´t have many less find a job, or go to a safe place where they could find a job soon.  

On Sunday morning they decided to come with me, so we started to call some hostels in Hastings but everyone  was full or got vacancies for one or two people and we had already book the bus for Monday morning.

Finally we arrived in Hastings at around 3 pm, started walking me with Agus and Pri while the others were waiting with the baggage at the bus station.

We walked for already three hours, was really hot and we asked everywhere and no vacancies L and don´t ask me how but we found a hostel, cheap one and very nice. We came back to the bus station and the guys were drinking wine and hanging with maori people was funny.

We picked up our backpacker and we started the trek. The next day the I help the gusy to find a job and I have seen Mark for start mine on Wednesday, was apple thinning till the packhouse start mid of February.

But the problem was, that in New Zealand most of the farms and factories are far away and the public transport is poor and bad, That´s means that we need our own transport. We did not have another option that buy the classified magazine and look for a car. We bought the Subaru Legacy, was funny coz at the start was difficult to drive and big for me, the battery was bad and dropped some oil. We had to pay NZ$200 for fix it. But finally he stayed with us till the end.

The weeks passed really quick and was Christmas and new year, the thinning finish and what. At Christmas we stayed in Hastings, we prepared a dinner with the others flatemates, German, French, Mexican people, and for new year we went to Gisborne for a festival..was cool. With some troubles on the way as the Liz van was warming and also our car…we made too many stops haha.

In January my friend from Argentina came back to NZ..but is a bad month to be there, no much work…we worked in a vineyard with an Indian contractor but he paid by production and seriously im a bit slow, so that money was just for survive . February was coming and so many packhuses call us for work in mid February, we already had a compromise with one in the morning shift so we needed another one for night shift.  Was a crazy time..coz first we worked in one apple packhouse from 8 am in the morning till 5 pm, came back home eat something and go to the other one from 6 pm to 10 pm…i´ve been seeing apples the whole day and also eating I almost hate apples right now. Ahh and I forgot some weekends we had work in Watties, really crazy but when u can see a good bill in ur ATM thas awesome. And of course, cannot forgot the day after work when I bought the ticket to Indonesia J the happiest day in my life coz was the fist time that I got something by my own and I also got the return ticket to Argentina all with my money. Since that the only thing was waiting till may 27th and work for get the money for the trip in Asia.

My friend and I organized our itinerary together. But initially we´ve been in disagreement with some points.  I wanted to go to India. We decided to travel together in Bali, after that I would go to India and she to Thailand and we´ll met up again in Bali at the end of ours trips. But everything change one day when she was working and thinking to much, and said to me ill go to India with u, so we did our visas and get the ticket to India.

The 27th of May finally came, we were in Auckland airport we passed overnight there and at 6am we took the plane to Dempasar. Again the planes change there, Kuta was awesome, Bali was amazing and no more India for us…just Bali. We took just ten days to go to Thailand coz we would like to be in the Full moon party. South of Thailand is pretty beautiful, the water is perfect the beaches but I was in a perfect place but missing Bali and wondering why?? Why I was very happy in Kuta, why the people is so friendly, why can exist such a perfect place. I guess only people who went there can understand me, coz sound stupid all im saying now, but im back since one month and a half and im still missing and thinking in come back as soon as possible. That place means peace with me and funny and party at the same time is a perfect combination.

Im ready to say that’s were the best holidays till now and I found the best place till now.

Nat

 

About trip2010


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.