Existing Member?

Middle East Egypt, Red Sea Diving, Jordan and Israel

Sharm El Sheikh

USA | Friday, 9 July 2010 | Views [223]

Okay so I made it to Sharm el Sheikh and it is HOT! Waiting around for about 4 hours until the dive boat leaves. The dive shop can't believe I have all of my gear in just one backpack. They keep thinking I'm kidding when I tell them all of my clothes and gear on in that one bag...and have been able to take it as a carry on the whole way! Now as for airport security in Egypt, I had a full pocket of change and my cell phone and it didn't set off the metal detector, hmmm. Very surprised by the location of Sharm. Flying over there was nothing but mountains and desert. Where one would expect to see rivers between the mountains there was only sand...rivers of sand. If God led the Israelites through this then that was just as much of a miracle as parting the sea! Here though, all modern buildings, casinos, resorts and swimming pools everywhere. In fact I'm sitting inside of Starbucks typing this now. Haven't yet seen one sign of a native bedoin. Might go next door for lunch at McDonald's. Don't critisize, it is the closest thing to local food that I can find around here. Definetely not staying here when I get off of the dive boat. Plan on heading north to Dahab or Nuweiba. Nuweiba is supposed to have hardley any tourist except die hard backpackers. Sounds like my kind of crowd and the ferry to Jordan leaves from there.

 

About treyfrankovich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.