Existing Member?

UK Adventure

Arrival in Cardiff

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 25 April 2008 | Views [485] | Comments [5]

5:30am Sunday on Millenium Bridge, London

5:30am Sunday on Millenium Bridge, London

Hi everyone.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PHOTOS. Click on the link at right.

We arrived in Cardiff on Tuesday. Getting out of London and finding our accommodation wasn't particularly easy, but we are settling in quite nicely, now.

Cardiff has a high-tech, modern water-side area with ultra-slick architecture and urban design and an historic city centre a few kms away complete with medieval castle. There's lots of building still going on, transforming the city.

There seems to be an endless list of child-thrilling attractions - most within 2 or 3 km from the apartment. Yesterday Cardiff International Pool waterslides and today Techniquest Science Museum. We have stocked up on books and audio stories from the local library.

The apartment is not large, but it has the most beautiful view across the bay to a place called Penarth. And the sounds of gulls are relaxing. There are sailing boats that go out each evening. We watch them during the long twilight. Still quite light at 8pm.

We've heard that the weekend we were to go to Cornwall is Bank Holiday weekend and we've been told the roads can get quite clogged leading to huge travelling times. We are considering postponing the Cornwall trip and heading North instead.

More later.....

Comments

1

Photos are GREAT! So pleased to see and hea you are all safe and "having a great time" - sounds like the boys have lots of activities to get stuck into...so much for school!
Don't worry abou us over here.....it's still holidays! ANZAC Day today and am just off to go mrching down the street
Best wishes to you all
Kate

  Kate Chauncy Apr 25, 2008 9:03 AM

2

Hey! Great to hear from you! It looks and sounds wonderful. Things are not nearly so exciting in beautiful downtown stokers siding, I've been weeding the vegie patch and oiling the deck. Lots of love to your beautiful boys and happy birthday!
Love and kisses
Christine

  Christine Apr 25, 2008 1:17 PM

3

Great to have your news - have been thinking about you since you left - happy birthday as well- we should be dining out on Anzac day to keep up the tradition !
The anzac service went very well and kate, Sally and I were invited to join the official table at the lunch - have just returned . I am sure it doesnt rate with Cardiff though.
Have my reading list from Oxford - just arrived, so will need to keep my head down for the coming weeks.
Love to you all
Trish

  trish symons Apr 25, 2008 3:18 PM

4

Sounds as if you haven't wasted a moment. Anywhere on a Bank Holiday weekend can be hideous....Go early. The sun came out today after a week of rain so the vegie patch has had an inspection!
Love to you all,
Meredyth and Andy

  Meredyth Apr 26, 2008 2:08 PM

5

Great photos and news. Keep it up! Sun has come out just as we are all back to school.

  Helen Apr 28, 2008 9:33 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.