Existing Member?

Carnaval At Sea

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 2 October 2012 | Views [336] | Scholarship Entry

Dan and Pete here,

Before quitting his job to hit the road adventuring, Dan worked for 4 years in one of Sydney’s premiere production companies, cutting his teeth in everything from cinematography, post-production to audio composition. The spirit of adventure then kicked in and he hit the road with his camera in hand. He has since spent 2 months living in the favela of ‘Rocinha’ (in Rio), shooting a documentary about the lives of the inhabitants. After driving around the majority of the continent, he is currently stationed in Ecuador, working on a doco about the life of a shaman. Dan has shot short-films, spec ads and now has moved on to documentary, however has never been commissioned nor paid for his work. This would be an incredible opportunity for him to step up to the next level.

Pete is an avid traveler and surfer, although he occasionally retreats back to Perth to fundraise for his next adventure. He displays a natural talent in front of the camera, as well as a wanton disregard for his personal safety.

The two met at Carnaval 2012 (serendipitously), it was there that the duo of ‘TravelSick’ was formed.

The video was produced with zero budget and no outside assistance.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

About travelsick


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.