Existing Member?

Travelling Light

My first trip to London

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 30 January 2014 | Views [6324]

My first travel diary will be a short narration of my five days trip to London with my girlfriend Marla. Please excuse me in advance for my English: it's far from perfect and there will be some grammar mistakes and misspellings... Please don't get mad at it!

trip to london

So, my trip to London starts with a low-cost flight from the airport of Orio al Serio leaving al 7,40 in the morning and arriving at Stansted Airport at 9 am local time. Then some 45 minutes of train to Liverpool Street and from there we took the legendary Tube to Bayswater. We left the luggage in the storage area at the hotel and then we had the first walk aroud town, in the beautiful area of Notting Hill. A short visit to Hyde Park (a really impressive city park, something we can only dream of in Italy...) and then we headed to Covent Garden, where we had an intense (and espensive) shopping session. 

trip to london

In Leicester Square we had a small break, something to eat in a cool indian restaurant and then again in march heading to Trafalgar Square and then... the London Eye! We also had the opportunity to admire a view of the Parliament at night, which is an unforgettable sight, and to take some 'classic' tourist pictures in Westminster. And then to bed, after a really engaging and exciting first day in London!

flight to london

On the second day of our stay in London we visited some of the classic tourist sights of the city: first of all Buckingham Palace, although we missed the changing of the guard, because in winter it takes part only every other day... Then we saw (from the outside, of course) the small house of the Prime Minister, at 10 Downing Street and we admired the passage of the guard on horseback. A quick hot dog lunch in St James Park and then on the road again towards Westminster Abbey...

In the next entry of my travel diary I will describe the third and the fourth day of my exciting trip to London. Stay tuned!

Tags: england, flight to london, london, stansted airport, travel diary

 

About travellinglight


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.