Existing Member?

The Traveling Lotus

Goodbye Taiwan

TAIWAN | Thursday, 3 October 2013 | Views [468]

All the good-byes have been said, I am almost packed, and I leave for the airport in 6 hours. 

As with all my good-byes, it is bittersweet. I've lived longer in Taiwan than any other foreign country, and will always have a fond place in my heart for it. Life in Kaohsiung is incredible, and I often have to remind myself how amazing my life is. I have lived abroad for so long, I am not sure I can ever be "normal" and live on American soil, but I am looking forward to giving it a go. 

Luckily, before I face the nightmare of the American job market, I get to do what I love most: travel! Even though I have done extensive traveling here and there, I have never traveled for longer than three weeks. To top it all off, my good friend, whom I haven't seen in almost 5 years will be arriving in Vietnam just minutes after me! 

Hence, the bittersweetness. I have been so lucky with coworkers, students, friends, and other acquaintances here in Taiwan. I will miss so many people, and regret not having more time to spend with some of the newer friends I have made. However, my upcoming adventure proves there is always an opportunity to reconnect with the friends you make along the way. 

Traveling opens so many doors, and I can't wait to see what is waiting for me on the other side of this door right in front of me! 

So for now, I am signing off with not only a "good-bye" to Taiwan, but a "thank you." 

Thank you for making the last two and a half years of my life an adventure in its own right. It may be time to close this door of my life, but the memories will remain. 

 

 

 

Tags: goodbyes, new beginnings, taiwan

 

About travelinglotus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Taiwan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.