Existing Member?

Pragues Acient soul

The Unexpected

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [165] | Scholarship Entry

So there I was In a country I couldn't pronounce 2 months prior , a city I didn't even know existed until I was told by other traveller's : "Prague would be an unforgettable experience" , " you can not go to Europe and miss Prague" SOLD!

And somewhere within the fine lines of my wanderlust idea of this city to the pure reality of sitting in a central park next to city locals , admiring the fine Crisp Sun approaching my tired out travel skin .
I stopped to listen to the beat of the language, laughter of the high sprits with such simple joys surrounding me in unexpected way of familiarity .
I took a breath of fresh air of this so called city I was starting to fall deeply for .. and there she was smiling at me, from the embraced lines on her face and the with a wonder of curiosity as she approached me , she asked approaching but not quit invading my personal space"you speak English?, My name is Eva!" .
In my defence I thought she might of been a tourist who was lost. I had no idea , what was coming next. There our conversation grew into intertwined directions she spoke of her first husband who won her heart at age 12, by stealing breaks for her to help fix her Mothers house.
I spoke of New Zealand and the reason behind my travels , she introduced me to her hobby of collecting spoons .. Oh no but not any particular spoons, these were collections of English Tea spoons She explained to me.
which I had no idea even existed as a hobby collection, so she surprised me time and time again as she shared her stories of the past present and future .

My experience didn't cost a dime that day.. nor did I hear of Eva form a tour guide of advertisements ..fate was the only planner in this unexpected surprise.

Eva ..such an Ancient soul she was with a burning heart full of desire , she made me feel excited extremely awoke my senses with what life has to offer , her stories gave more hope than any other travel guide or website could , she was my unforgettable unexpected surprise , and this was my reason not to miss Prague after the conversations .. everything made sense from the history to the people to the romance in the streets she explained it all in her stories , in her experiences which I envisioned so vividly.

oh these unexpected surprises... , you never know when there coming or when their going to approach you . You may not know what Gender, race, shape ,age or size they might be ,but they will change your perspective through their stories.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About travelgypsy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.