Existing Member?

New Unforgettable Experience

Was it Heaven or Just Hawaii?

UNITED STATES OUTLYING ISLANDS | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [100] | Scholarship Entry

It was me who got accepted to spend one school year as an exchange student, and it was me who won the President's Volunteer Service Award. Therefore, it was me who got the chance to spend one full week in Hawaii for FREE! It was all about me until I arrived to the most beautiful state- Hawaii. At this moment, it became all about Hawaii!
It was April, I was 18 at the time, and I was lucky enough to spend one week in Hawaii, with a group of international young exchange students. Let me tell you about my adventure. First, I always start my journeys with FOOD! I have tried many different special dishes, but my favorite was the Hawaiian Pizza- pizza with pineapple on it, Can you imagine how delicious this is? I couldn’t just leave without dessert, and what would be a better dessert than a mix of tropical fruit? Pineapples, coconuts and many other good fruit…
Okay, enough with the food, I'm getting hungry too! It is time to burn some calories, or a LOT! It’s time for surfing. I have always known that I was a good swimmer, but I wasn't sure about surfing. I'm still not sure, because I sucked at it, but it was a really fun experience. Since we're talking about the sea, I tried snorkeling in the Pacific Ocean! It was marvelous. It's always fun to swim with the fish, and more fun than falling of a surfing board.
All this would be done by tourists, but I had the chance to act as a local. I was taught some Hawaiian alphabets, and my group and I kayaked away from Honolulu to an isolated far island, that no words can describe the beauty of it! Have you read Robinson Crusoe? It was even a better island! Another day, we had the chance to hike the unforgettable Oahu’s Diamond Head Summit Trail. We hiked for hours, we were sweating and we were tired to death, but it was worth it. At the end we have arrived to the top of the trail, where we saw the whole island of Oahu, Hawaii. The Pacific Ocean, the green tree, the pineapple fields… Everything that you think about when saying Hawaii, I saw it!
You cannot leave Hawaii without dancing the Hula. Even if you do not like dancing, it will be fun! So imagine dancing the Hula with bunch of sexy Hawaiian guys and girls with coconut bras and grass skirts! Yes, my heart had almost stopped, but my hips kept shaking!
Hawaii, the island of coconut trees, the island of pineapple fields, the sunny and sandy beaches, the surfing arena... It was more than a dream; it was heaven! Will you be able to forget such a journey? Because I wouldn’t.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About travelexperiencefun


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United States Outlying Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.