Existing Member?

This is my new journey. What about you?

Feel So Indonesian In The Hague.

NETHERLANDS | Thursday, 10 May 2012 | Views [743]

THE HAGUE...


This is The Hague, the central of government in Netherlands. Here, we also can more often find the Indonesian people. For some reason, I always meet them in every corner of the crowd.

Hmm..what's interesting about this city is the restaurant. Yes, If there's a lot of Indonesian people in one place, there will be so many Indonesian restaurants too.

For those who have long lived in Europe and missed the typical foods of Asia, let's come to The Hague. I know that's true in the Netherlands, in any city, we can easily find Indonesian restaurants. But you can only find out in the Hague, an Indonesian's most famous restaurant, called Garoeda.

Let's taste all kinds of Indonesian food, such as Gudeg, nasi kebuli, gado-gado, and so much more. It's so delicious. This is a java-style restaurant decor, complete with gamelan, wayang, and displays of batik. All the waitress are also Indonesian. It's a real Indonesian restaurant. I am very proud to see it since most of visitors didn't just come from Indonesia. That means, Indonesia is quite acceptable in the Netherlands as well as foreign tourists.

Another restaurant...

Tampat Senang.

In Indonesian, the meaning of Tampat Senang is happy place. So, that means, every visitor who comes to this restaurant will get some pleasures if they were eating there. The happiness can come from Indonesia culinary tastes which are very different from other western foods.

And last but not least..

Bumburumba is a typical restaurant food of Yogyakarta. So for those of you are the lovers of Gudeg, Krecek, Lumpia, and all the traditional food of Yogyakarta, you're better to stop here.

I felt I wasn't in Europe. The Hague is like my own home, Indonesia.
I'm very excited and I no longer need to cook Indonesian food during my travel abroad.

Thank you, The Hague.

About travelerezzy

A beautiful garden in front of Chateau Ducal, Caen.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.