Existing Member?

In Travel Credo

Gaudi inside the Tuscan dream

ITALY | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [99] | Scholarship Entry

«Gaudi has arrived in Italy, on the road of Tuscany». Hills and sky, green and blue, here we are on the road. Tuscany is not easily to forget. Fascinating with its medieval cities that rise like pyramids in the middle of the green countryside. Charming with its farm holidays build into nothingness where make a nice relaxing dip in a swimming pool outdoors admiring a colourful sunset on fire, surrounded by green trees and beige balls of hay. Glamorous with its crystal-clear sea. Stopped in the middle of the road, the echoed sound of car horns in less than a minute (the impatience that makes Italians run as if they lose the last train of their lives was embarrassing). «Breathe the air of the sea - remembering my doctor's suggestion - iodine cure all ills». We could not ignored it because of an unusual park of a French-American artist unknown fascinated by his trip to Spain: Park of Tarot could expect us; he did it for twenty-six. Photo chance and we were already on the road. Still green, hay, blue and an unpleasant smell of cow. Finally, the shades of the sun on amazing colourful figures. Niki de Saint Phalle - thief of ideas - thought to build a park right there inside the Tuscan hills: twenty-two statues inspired by the figures of the major arcana of the Tarot. Bizarre, I would say. Brilliant, I might add. Idyllic, dare. The inspiration to Park Guell is evident, but not comparable. Welcome to the contemporary art: steel, cement, glass, mirrors and colourful ceramics. Temperance, Lovers, World, Hermit, Oracle, Death, Hanged Man. I see myself through small triangles of glass. Glitters. All things shine here (the heaven of every woman, I dare say). Admiration for these whimsical shapes, with hidden staircases leading to unusual balconies from which to admire the hinterland. The passion of the sun's rays come in our favour. Colours become stronger, more vibrant and more brilliant. Random words in coloured circles on the walls of one of the huge works: «l’humeur, le soleil, la vie, l'art, l'amitié, l'amour, le rire, les etoiles, the espoir». Trivial, but a feeling of inner peace shook my mind. Sunlight reflected already on mirrors, the mirrors reflect the sun light. I feel like a cat mesmerized by the light of a laser pointer. A rocket, some naked women, two lovers seated on a bench, a monster with four heads, little skulls, a few of victory sign, casual symbols. Everything is mixed; everything is contagious at the time of an unforgettable Tuscan sunset.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About travelerego


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.