Existing Member?

Getting lost for fun... My travels around the globe.

Puerto Natales to El Calafate

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 27 November 2012 | Views [622] | Comments [1]

So my trip into Torres del Paine was great, despite being congested the entire time. We got up to see the towers which were amazing. Seriously stunning. I could have sat there for hours if it was´t for the cold wind. We camped overnight and met some nice people in the Refugio Chileno over dinner. The next day we came back down, got the bus back to our hostel, and went for dinner at a vegetarian restaurant in town. Yesterday we got a bus here to El Calafate. The drive in was really nice and scenic. You descend into a crater and there´s a beautiful turquise lake and mountains all around. It´s like a desert here and extremely windy so there is dirt and dust everywhere. I got some laundry done and a mound of sand was left in the sink. So it wasn´t the most eventful day but it was nice to relax a bit. Then at 2am we awoke to a banging at the door and found we had two roomies arriving in the middle of the night! It´s so hard to sleep well in dorm rooms. Tomorrow I´m off to trek on the glacier. Then we´re heading to El Chalten, and I need to decide where to go from there. I think I might go more north. I´m missing the sun and I don´t think my cold will go away completely until I get away from this crazy weather. Patagonia is beautiful but I´m just really in need of warmer weather...

Comments

1

Hey Ro,
Sorry to read that you were so sick for Torres del Paine... at least you saw them, and glaciar grey which is amazing (did you hear the iceberg detaching?).
But you have the great luxury of time, so no rush! Next time you're sick, just stay warm (in a nice place like the one you found), share time with people (and practice your Spanish) and wait to get better and then you'll be in a great shape to go see mountains, glaciers, volcanos, condors etc.! Take your time (and maybe you'll even get better faster this way).
I really enjoy reading your postings, go on, that's great!
xoxo

  Emilie Legue Nov 29, 2012 1:23 PM

About travelcrazy26


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.