Existing Member?

Getting lost for fun... My travels around the globe.

Puerto Viejo and San Jose

COSTA RICA | Wednesday, 21 October 2015 | Views [322]

So it has been almost 2 weeks! I attempted to post a week ago but I got logged out after I spent an hour writing and lost everything! Boo. Everything here is tranquilo. I landed in San Jose after a long day and 2 flights and pretty much crashed. The next day I wandered a bit, had a really good vegan meal and got ready to go to Puerto Viejo. The bus to Puerto Viejo was pretty unpleasant with the guy next to me throwing up! But alas, I made it in one piece and found a nice hostel. The dorms were full so I stayed in a private room for 5 nights because it was cheap and so nice to have my own space for a while. I met a German girl on the chocolate tour at Caribeans - so good - who introduced me to 2 Israeli guys who have an electric bike business in town. We hung out with them in the evenings and went dancing. We also went to Cahuita National Park, which was really nice to walk around in. We hired a guide, who probably was not really a guide because he did not seem to know much and he walked away without giving us all of our change back. It was not that much money but still, kind of a bummer. We managed to see some animals with the help of other professional guides in the park...3 different snakes, 2 kinds of monkeys, a sloth, a racoon, an iguana, lizards, toads and birds. Cahuita was a nice little town, much more quiet than Puerto Viejo, and PV is pretty chilled out. After she left I met an American girl and we chilled for the next 2 days. We rode electric bikes to Manzanillo and Punta Uva with the Israeli guys one day. The next day we rented regular bikes and went to Playa Chiquita and Cocles, the beaches closer to PV. And I just hung around. PV brings the meaning of layed back to a whole new level. I had no intention of staying over a week but I got sucked into the vibes! My favorite place to eat was Como en mi Casa, run by an Italian couple that are so nice. It feels like home eating in their veggie cafe. Such good food and energy. I feel like I am starting to understand Pura Vida.

So I came back to San Jose with the Israelis. Yesterday we went to the art museum and wandered around the center. In the evening we partied with some people from the hostel. Today we went to a park and I have just been hanging out waiting for mi madre to arrive! I cant wait to see her and go to the Pacific. A new adventure awaits...

About travelcrazy26


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.