Existing Member?

An Exotic Experience!

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 11 April 2012 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

I am Ethiopian, from a country of an ancient time, old even before the time of Christ. It is the story I meant to sufficiently share. Ethiopia, the land of thirteen months of sunshine, the calendar having thirteen months. The climate is clement and pleasant with rain falling rarely except in the summer months.
In the Horn of African country, where the Queen of Sheba once ruled, primitive and modern cultures exist side by side. In the villages, families live in round Hut made of stone with thatched roofs, and life goes on today much as it has been for centuries. In Addis Ababa; the capital city of African nations, there are new white buildings of reinforced concrete in the midst of bustling, energetic people. I have survived beyond Two decades witnessing the passions exerted to impress with these unique features of Ethiopian style.

And the food! The low stands are heaped with citrus fruits, bananas, grapes, pomegranates, figs, custard apples and vegetables of all kinds, including the wonderful red onion of this area and Gommen, a kale-like plant used in the Alechi: the stews of the fast days. The meats on sale are beef, lamb, and goat.. This is the mach of ‘A local Encounter led my way deep in the subject, changed my life.

Many beautiful lakes , numerous hot springs, warm and pleasant climate and a variety of wildlife . It is considered to be as one of the most ideal areas for the development of international tourism in Ethiopia

The historic splendour of the nation, evidence of whose extraordinary past is everywhere, from its rock-hewn churches, still places of living worship, to its ancient historical traditions and magnificent cultures. Ethiopia is a nation of surprises, full of diversity and contrast, from the ancient to the modern. This is takes me a long and long energy to explain the diversity of the attractions and values that locally had an encounter changing my life lighting a fire of inspiration to dream as a travel writer.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About travelbedilu


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.