Existing Member?

Biking to Barcelona

Day 7 Bressuire to Melle. Spiders and spiders!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 5 August 2015 | Views [142]

A quick 65 miles in 4:25 ride time. Don't ask how long our breaks are...

A pretty uneventful day today but at least it was an easy ride. The hills are not as high and the day off probably helped a lot, too. We finished the Jaegermeister today. Sad times.

The Garmin immediately wanted us to cut across private land which is normally not a problem for us, but today Taitoko had a funny feeling that a sleepy farmer may shoot at us when we opened the locked gate to his property to sneak down our shortcut. Not wanting to tempt fate we detoured around the very, very, very large tract of land and hairpinned around to the other side on paved but rolling hills - at least it woke us up. We were back on the cycle route before long and made it into a small town with a bustling square for our morning coffee and pastry. The french put Chantilly cream on cappucinos! Ohmygod, almost better than the pastries!

Shiambi definitely deserved the treat after her traumatising near death experience earlier. No, not the farmer (who may have been a figment of Taitoko's imagination anyway), but the spider WEB - no spider - adorning her bike for a few miles before she finally noticed it. You will never see her move as quickly as she does when it involves spiders! Of course she wasn't too happy that the other two had been giggling and waiting for her to notice all the silken strands all morning! This is about as exciting as today got.

We came into a medium sized town with a big archway into it which had us thinking we might find open shops for once. But, typically, only one was open whilst the rest of the townspeople siesta'd all afternoon! Thankfully, it was a gourmet meat and salad place and we picked up a fantastic little picnic meal enjoyed in a newly built park. We should lay bets on who will gain the most weight by the time we reach Barcelona!

The day ended much as it began, quickly and quietly. But Shiambi's version must have been a lot more exciting because whilst she had her daily two hour long phone call with her girlfriend, Taitoko and Jassar passed out by 8 pm! Hey, it's getting hotter and the wine keeps flowing!

About tourdefriends


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.