Existing Member?

Tor in Transit

The Journey Begins

USA | Sunday, 24 December 2017 | Views [240]

AA Admiral lounge,. Very nice and staff very courteous

AA Admiral lounge,. Very nice and staff very courteous

My trip has official started!!!!

The day started with the phone ringing as usuall.  A sub needing information to do there job, all good, thats why I am here!

Got up, did the morning routen and finished packing.  What a pain that has become.  Packing for me is an easy thing.  I could pack for a world trip in probabbly 30 mins.  The problem, wieght.  How do you pack for 10 days with only 51 pounds of baggage.  Yes, I could carry a second bag, but who wants the trouble that entails!!!!  Plus don't forget the bag weighs proabbly 10 pounds!!!  So, after a few trips to the bathroom scale, its all done.

Now to feed Sven, give him some toys and out the door. 

First stop, Mama's house.  Have a nice visit with the be safe while you travel speach from her!!!!

Now on the road to the airport.  Traffic was not bad except for a few people who just can't mantain a steady speed.  (Do people even know what cruise control is????)

Under advice from a friend I arrived over 5 hours early because I was told security was a nightmare.  So I walk up to the check in......They don't open for about two hours!!!!!  Ohh well.  I had a seat and meet a very nice fellow who was traveling to his daughters home in Germany for the Christmas holiday.  Sadly he had just lost his wife in July so this was a hard christmas for him, but he was in good spirts and I tried to help keep them there!!!!  Great conversation!

Yay...the check in is open!  That was a very pleasent experience!!!  The staff at the counter was great and speedy!!!  Also my bag was right on the money for weight!!!  Now on to security......

Now I was expecting a back up with the holiday travel, what did I find you may ask..............

I walked straight through!!!!!!  There was literaly no one in front of me!!!!  Took longer to get everything into the plastic bins than everything else.  TSA was very polite and very professional.  Only complaint...they need to speak up a little!  Very soft spoken.

Now I am out of security on to exploring the A wing of the airport.  It was a nice walk, about 25 min to go back and forth.  I found a Dunkin, gotta get a coffee!Dunkine 

Its very cool how many charging stations there are now.  Very convient.  I found the British Airways lounge.  It was not open for another 30 mins.  It looks very nice but the AA lounge loungewas open so lets check it out.

Wow.  This is cool.  Three stories up, facing the runways.  Food, Drink and very comfy chairs.  Even had a made to order guacamole dip bar with a chef mixing it.   The cool thing (besides the free drinks!!!)Drinks was being able to watch my plane taxi in and hook up to the gate.Plane from Lounge  Very Cool.  I have never flowen in this big of an airplane (747-400)  What is realy neat is sitting at the second level!!  Double decker plane!  and I get to be on top!!!!

 

Its getting close to time to board.  Goning to finish my drink, pack up and head on down to the ramp. 

Next stage........On the plane!!!!!!

Stay tuned!!

About tor148


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.