Existing Member?

Gilmours on Tour

Betwixt and Between Adventures!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 24 September 2014 | Views [114]

Well the summer has been and gone.  We spent a brilliant 5 months in Haute Provence, working for eurocamp on the Domaine Du Verdon.  Outside of work time we explored the region pretty thoroughly and enjoyed lots of runs, walks, cycles plus various water based activities like rafting and canyoning.  The gap between the end of that and the start of our next adventure was less than 3 weeks and the time has flown by with lots of catching up with family and friends.  The weekend in London with Andrew and Amy was great fun, literally,  with the saturday night spent in The Covent Garden Comedy Club, then the Sunday walking around all of the South Bank displays and fooderies.  Since then we've baby sat the grandchildren for a weekend; Mia and Rowan are lovely and much fun to be with and in addition caught up with lots of  friends.  Fortunately we have kept up the training too, it would be a pity to lose too much fitness before we get to do our autumn race, which is a key feature of our forthcoming trip.

In amongst all that we have been gathering kit, washing kit, reading guides and selecting likely destinations and activities.  Providing it all goes to plan we will be doing plenty of  sight seeing , sailing, diving, trecking, driving campervans, city stuff and wilderness stuff, assisted by planes, trains, boats and buses to get around.

Next Wednesday we head out to Bangkok for the start of this 10 week trip around SE Asia, then on to East Coast Australia.  In our first week in Australia we get to run the Great Barrier Reef Marathon, so somehow we will have to maintain a degree of training during the earlier part of the trip; an interesting challenge.

The plan is to use this blog as a means of creating a journal and as a way to keep those who are interested in touch.  The next entry should be from Bangkok.  So, if anyone's interested you could follow us aound on this blog.

 

About tonygilmour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.