Existing Member?

EXHALE - A Brush with Death

EXHALE

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 31 August 2015 | Views [208] | Scholarship Entry

Hi, my name is Tom and I am a graduating film student with a passion for travelling. I have always believed that life begins at the edge of your comfort zone and through my experience I have found that travelling is the single greatest way to push yourself and your beliefs. It is my dream to travel the world and through the power of film, capture the cultures and experiences that the world has to offer.

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to actually visit South America on a film based project and I instantly fell in love with the continent. I spent 2 months backpacking my way through Peru, Bolivia and Chile and I was blown away by the people and culture that I experienced. Since returning I have been dying to make my way back to South America with Columbia being high on my priority list. Seeing this opportunity pop up through World Nomads seemed like a dream come true. This trip encapsulates everything that I want to do with my life; an opportunity to capture real moments, real people and the real stories that life creates.

The video I have chosen to submit is a piece that is very close to me as it features my brother in what was an emotional moment in his life. Exhale is a doco about the extreme sport that is free diving, delve deeper and we find a story of friendship, passion and travelling beyond your comfort zone to overcome all fears. I feel that the boys in this doco capture exactly what it means to keep the travel spirit alive no matter what you do in life.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About tomstrickland


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.