Existing Member?

Cycle Tours

Rest day taupo

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 7 January 2016 | Views [310]

We enjoyed a nice late morning wake up at the very homely hostel of berkenhoff. As we had some breaky we read the messages on the walls written by previous guests, spotting that one had stayed here 480nights! 

We spent most of the day chilling by the lake front in the shade resting our heavy legs. After I took yet more photos of my favourite view so far we want to the big PAC N SAVE to buy a load of supplies for the 7 days of cycling we have coming up. 

In the evening we showed off our culinary cooking skills in front of a small crowd of other guests. As others produced some worthy feasts our stir fry looked.......different to what we had hoped, which made us chuckle away. As as we took our flapjacks out of the oven a loud beeping noise then proceeded took over the kitchen. All eyes then turned to us as we tried to flap a kitchen towel at what we believed was the smoke detector and then the owner appeared and tried to figure out how to stop the alarm. I then realised my phone was lit up......the timer I had set for the flapjacks was the source of the noise. I then reached over and turned it off...everyone could then continue eating their feasts in peace. Good one Tom and  Alice. 

After our performance in the kitchen we double checked we had accommodation sorted for the next day and then hit the hay.

About tomnzalice


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.