Existing Member?

Kyrgyz girl's Eurotrip

Learn People

AUSTRIA | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [200] | Scholarship Entry

Partying last night and then hiking the whole next day? Piece of cake! The place was worth visiting and going through still in drunk condition from hangover to reality.

Our trip destination was Baerenschuetzklamm, a gorge located in the southern region of Austria. We did not plan anything ahead, but the best things in my life turn to be the ones, which were spontaneous. The worst things too, but that’s another story.

We did not know where to go from train stop, so we decided to follow two people whose appearance seemed to be telling us “We are hiking professionals”. Luckily, conscientious Austrians have established signs along the road, hence it was impossible to get lost. We walked for about two hours. We passed by charming and cozy houses through green fields followed by the forest to the main entrance where you pay a fee and start hiking through wood stairs. What makes Baerenschuetzklamm so special are the 164 wood bridges and ladders with 2500 stairs. Way up by these steps is that narrow so two people cannot hike side by side. You climb surrounded by small waterfalls, which create little accumulations of water underneath, and craggy rocks with sparse vegetation. Although there is another way to the top which is free, faster and easier, Baerenschuetzklamm would not be so famous without abovementioned beautiful landscape.

“So, were you afraid of the rain?” my friend smiles looking through his sunglasses at how bright sunshine illuminates the clean sky and everything around us. “That was the prediction of the meteorologists” I defend. “Exactly. Prediction”. We laugh and stop for a short break to get a breath back and drink water. Baerenschuetzklamm is only open from May to October because of the hazardous winter conditions and the danger it poses to hikers. Staring at a woman who carries baby on her back, we wonder how many people came here on the second day of its opening.

Hiking is always good idea. Away from your daily life, which is stressful sometimes, on the nature you become calm. It freshens your mind. The beauty of a nature is breathtaking. It is a pleasure for the eyes and soul. Moreover, it is a nice chance to get to know people. Here is the suggestion for guys. Next time don’t invite your probable girlfriend for a coffee. Not only because walking in the nature is healthier than coffee, but also because it makes people behave more naturally, ask her “Let’s go hiking together?”

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About tomiris_orozoeva


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.