Existing Member?

Big Stories in a Small World

A Love Beyond Normality

GUATEMALA | Saturday, 5 September 2015 | Views [407] | Scholarship Entry

I recently graduated with a film degree and I am passionate about finding, creating and telling stories. I love to travel and explore new cultures and meet new people. Making documentary films is the most interesting and rewarding style of filmmaking for me. Documentaries are also the toughest stories to tell while staying truthful to your subject and trying not to get too passionately involved.

I went back to university later in life and I'm currently trying to change up my career path. Working in film and telling stories through media has long been a passion of mine. Combining my life experience with my updated education, I'm honing my skills to become a professional filmmaker. I'm always eager to learn and to work hard at developing stories. I'm constantly learning new techniques that help make visual stories dynamic and compelling. Delving into the heart of a story is a challenge that I wholeheartedly tackle and enjoy.

My friend Jorgé became my subject in the documentary that I am currently developing. I have experience filming and interviewing in Guatemala, El Salvador and Canada. Working with Jorgé allowed me to become familiar with interviewing techniques while dealing with a language barrier. Learning Spanish is a goal I'm trying to achieve to help in my pursuit of filming more documentaries about Central and South American people. I hope to have the opportunity to learn from a mentor and help further my passion of becoming a professional filmmaker.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About tomcan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.