Existing Member?

Trashy Tales By Tom

Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 12 April 2007 | Views [1150]

When I finally booked my ticket to leave B.A I decided to go to Mendoza which is the wine country of Argentina. It is a great little city with a young population due to the unis there and it has lots of parks and beautiful sourrounds. I meet an Aussie guy at my hostel and 4 people from Denmark. We all went out to dinner and started to have some fun. Some people went whitewater rafting the next day but I was feeling sick so I didn't go. That night we all meet for dinner and the Danish people invited everyone from rafting so we had a group of about 20 backpackers around one table which was great fun. We decided to go the next day and cycle around the wineries. When we got there we hired bikes and cruised the lovely flat terrain going from tasting to tasting. There were about 10 wineries that we went to and a distilery. It was a lovley day, the sun was shining and we were getting exercise (which was the first time for me since the Inca trail!). When we finished we went to a nice wine bar in the city for a sparkling wine tastig.

The wine bar was owned by an American businessman whos hireing policy was that the staff had to speak english and be really good looking females (I dont think there is an anti discrimination policy in Argentina). It was really strange speaking to so many Argentinian people who could speak english! We had a good time and when we were leaving one of the girls asked us if we wanted to meet them for drinks later. We obviously said yes and got the details before heading out for dinner. When we got to the club they told us to go to we somehow managed to get into the VIP area and sat down with our drinks. I was looking around and noticed that they were serving free drinks to everyone... so we got stuck in. After we were sitting there for about 20 minutes feeling very out of place one of the girls from the wine bar came up and said she was glad we made it. We then realised that we had just conned our way into their staff party. oops. They were fine with it and the boss even came over to have a chat with us. It ended being one of the best nights that I have had in S.A because there were free drinks all night, proper intelligent conversation with good looking girls (not just me trying to understand spanish and not succeding) and the music and club were great! We made alot of friends who we went out with the next night to another great club.

So pretty much Mendoza has the best wine in Argentina combined with a great night life which means it is deffinently one of the best places in Argentina to go.

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.