Existing Member?

Trashy Tales By Tom

The Iguazu Falls (Argentina)

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 27 March 2007 | Views [989]

The Argentinian side of the Iguazu Falls is by far the best. It has 3 different walks to go on plus some other things to do such as boat rides into the falls. When you enter you get on a train that takes you to the park proper. We decided to stay on the train to go to the big lookout above the Garganta del Diablo (devils throat). When we got off the train we walked along the walkways that go above two of the rivers feeding into the falls. They are very impressive because they go for about 1km over water and end right on the edge of the devils throat so you can look over the edge. The sound and amount of water going under your feet is amazing and cannot be described. After all the photos were taken we headed back to check out the other walks. One goes down and under most of the other falls and the other goes over and along the cliff edge. They are each about 2km long through rainforest. There is lots of wildlife to look at and of course there are the falls. We were hoping to see tucans in the wild but didn't. The only flying things we saw were thousands of butterflys of all shapes, colours and sizes. It is amazing how butterflys affect people, everyone gets a huge smile on their face when one lands on them. They have these funny little tongues that really tickle when they lick you. On the bottom trail there is the boat ride which I took because they drive the boat under the second most powerful fall in the park. They start by driving up to the devils throat but have to keep their distance because it is so powerful. Then they took us down the river and under a little fall. The next stop was the big one and the driver floors the boat straight into the fall and the force of the water is so strong that the boat gets flung back about 10 meters. We loved it so much that we begged to go again so he lined us up and under we went again. It was so good and we got so wet but that didn't matter because it was so hot that I was dry in about 15 minutes. That is about all there is to it. The pictures speak better than I can so they can do the rest for me.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.