Existing Member?

Todd's Travels

Wrap up

USA | Sunday, 25 July 2010 | Views [294] | Comments [1]

So, the trip is over.  It was a bit shorter than I had originally planned, but it was perfect.  I have seen so much and done so much, that honestly if I would have done the whole 8 months, it would have been too much and it would have just been a blur. I was also sick the entire trip, and only now am I on antibiotics and the road to recovery.  I realized that I want to travel with someone else in the future, and I also realized that if I continued the trip I would only be getting farther away, which would make my ticket home more expensive.  So I decided that it was time to cut the trip short, save the money, come home, convince a friend to go to Asia with me, and do that section later.

The point of this trip was to take some time away from my life at home, see some new things, meet some new people, have some fun, and just go until I was ready to come home. I feel that I have accomplished that and I have no regrets of coming home early.

In the past 2 weeks, I:

1) Had a kangaroo burger in London

2) Watched the world cup finals including the Netherlands in Amsterdam

3) Took a ferry across the English Channel

4) Had a frankfurter and a pretzel in Germany

5) Had a waffle, chocolate, and multiple beers in Belgium

6) Had a crepe under the Eiffel Tower at midnight

7) Had a panini in the gardens of Versailles

8) Woke up in one country and went to bed in another multiple times

9) Met people I will hopefully see again

10) Have seen the Mona Lisa

11) Watched the Tour De France in a cafe in Paris

All in all, I'd say I had a great time and it was all worth it. I don't know what I am going to do now, go back to work, travel more, or become a bum, but I know I had a great time, and that was the whole purpose of this trip.

:)

 

Comments

1

You did good Toddy! If I get to see half of what you did before I leave this earth I'll be doing good. I think savoring a continent at a time is better anyway and I agree that something so spectacular is better shared with a friend! See ya soon I hope.

  Debbie F. Jul 27, 2010 12:13 AM

About toddzy

Camping on the Lost Coast

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.