Existing Member?

Todd's Travels

Bon Voyage

USA | Monday, 5 July 2010 | Views [311] | Comments [1]

First off I would like to say thank you to all of my friends for throwing me an awesome going away party.  It was "Where's Waldo" themed and included great friends, great food, and hitting a unicorn pinata with a decorative sword(which is a story of its own).

For those of you who do not know, here is what's going on.  I was approved for an 8 month leave of absence from work, so, starting on Wednesday (July 7th) I will be traveling the world.  I have a one-way ticket to London, England and a few nights booked at a hostel.  From there, the plan is to head to continental Europe, then to South East Asia, then China and Japan, and finally back home.  I say "The plan" because I have no set itinerary or bookings, the trip will be basically wherever the wind takes me.  I have no set expectations from this trip other than to just take a break from life here and have fun.  I could decide after 2 weeks that I am ready to come home, or I could just keep going and never come back.

I will be adding to this blog whenever I can, and although I cannot guarantee that it will be an exciting read, at least it will have pictures of the places I have been and the things I have seen.  Feel free to check it out and comment, all I ask it that you please be considerate since it will be viewed by family and co-workers as well.

I am canceling my phone for this trip, so if I don't call or text you back, I am not ignoring you.  You can email me at T.Wallace1987@yahoo.com or find me on Skype at Toddzy50.

P.S: If you have any suggestions of where I should go or what I should see, please let me know.  I especially want to see some off the beaten track kinds of things, so those suggestions are really appreciated.


P.S.S: I have an offer on the table for anyone who would like to take me up on it.  If you would like to meet up in any of the places I will be, give me some advance warning and I will meet you at the airport.  Also, the first round will be on me :)

All of the Waldos together

All of the Waldos together

 

Comments

1

Hey Toddy I am so glad your having such a great time already!!! I really missed you this week it is so wonderful to read about your adventures. Your doing a great job with your blog and pictures. Wow the doors were amazing. Thanks for the great gift of your friendship and this marvelous blog. Keep having fun. I'm praying for you. Love your Vonnie (Linda)

  She'vonnda Jul 11, 2010 3:04 PM

About toddzy

Camping on the Lost Coast

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.