Existing Member?

Ab durch die Mitte

The beginning . . . CARACAS

VENEZUELA | Friday, 23 July 2010 | Views [457]

Hi everyone ;)

This was a smooth start, flights were on time, the backpack also made the journey to Venezuela and the most important thing: Henry, mi hermamno venezuelano, picked me up at the airport and served my pretty exhausted body beer (6%) and chinese food ;)

And I think I never ever slept that well...

The first days in Caracas...

and its all about the people! Have not received so many hugs in years. People are amazing here, I mean at least those I had the honour to meet. In Austria it would take me 2 weeks to find so many good friends. This is really unique.

What have I been doing here so far? Going from one concert to the next one. Right now classes are over in Caracas and all the bands use the time to play gigs. And with mi hermano I have the best guide you can imagine. The bands are really good here...my neck hurts a bit ¡)

I have been really lucky that I have such goods friends here, because otherwise you are (or) get fuc?ed! This city is a huge jungle. A jungle were you shouldnot take a cap in the night because it is too dangerous. People here do never stop at a red stopsign at night... for a good reason: It is simply to dangerous! And I am not talking about the traffic ¡)

So if you dont have friends that take care of you, stay out of here! In case you know people here... go for it, its amazing :)

11.08.2010: After 2 weeks caracas and some realy relaxing days in National Park Mochima, (Dolphins, Sun, Merengadas(Fruit and Milk) and a lot of fish and seafood)  it is now going done into the Amazonas, first Cuidad Bolivar and further to Canaima and Orinoco Delta... Jungle, Moscitos and a 900 meter tall waterfall (salto angel) :)

Hopefully there the have better internet then in Mochima... first working internet connection within one week :)

Gotta catch the bus...

Love Toby

About tobyontour


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Venezuela

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.